Learn how to solve Sudoku
There are a large number of ways of solving Sudoku puzzles. We have developed a complete set of free interactive guides to take you through each step of using all the key solution strategies.
- Only Choice rule for gentle puzzles
- Only Square rule for gentle puzzles
- Single Possibility rule for gentle puzzles
- Two out of Three strategy for gentle puzzles
- Shared Subgroup rule for gentle and moderate puzzles
- Naked Twin rule for moderate puzzles
- Hidden Twin rule for tough puzzles
- X Wing rule for tough puzzles
- Swordfish rule for tough puzzles
- Alternate Pair rule for very tough puzzles
- Hook rule for very tough puzzles
- Trial and error rule for any puzzle
Here are some example Sudoku puzzles that are solved step by step using a mix of the strategies.
- Gentle puzzle solved using the Two out of Three strategy
- Gentle puzzle solved using Only Choice and Only Square
- Moderate puzzle solved using some Twin and Sub-group logic
- Challenging puzzle solved using Hook and Sub-group logic
Any comments on this page? Click here to contribute.
Copyright © 2005-2021 Sudoku Dragon